The annual photograph is an integral part of the team’s season, but need not be an onerous duty on you. The following are some tips that may ease the process for you. FARRELLY PHOTOS welcome any tips you may wish to pass on.
Commenced in the 2005 Season, we are now capturing images digitally. This followed a long period of much research to ensure our high standards of quality are not compromised, while adding service. Considerable investment has been made, both in terms of financial investment in start-of-the-art equipment, and in terms of time investment to up-skill in its effective use. We know you will see changes in the way we capture the team photo, hope you enjoy the advantages that digital-capture bring to the sitting process, but assure you that the end product will not be diminished in any way. You will still receive the same high-quality, true-photographic prints you are used to, mounted and laminated to the highest of standards.
START PLANNING EARLY
- Plan well ahead with your players/parents for payment of the team photo. Some options to consider may be
· budget into team fundraising
· start a weekly payment plan
· incorporate into funding applications for grants (phone 274 6868 for a quotation if required)
· source a sponsor
- Week nights get heavily booked during the season. Check with your Club Captain if a night is available at the clubrooms, if not phone 274-6868 to make an individual booking.
- Generally we are pleased to come out to photograph at your clubroom for a booking for five or more teams. For less teams, we may still be available, although a call-out fee payable on the night may apply. Please contact us to discuss.
- Include a printed team list (don’t include contact details which may be inappropriate to hand out) against which to check names and spellings. Check with players/parents – sometimes the name under which they registered is not the name desired on the photos
- Check with players for any special requirements (additional copies, frames to be fitted, insets to be supplied, etc)
- A preview of the Photograph will be displayed at the sitting on a big-screen monitor. Selection of final printed image is entirely at FARRELLY PHOTOS discretion, and may include parts of several shots merged to a final image. This is the time to record players names and other details required for printing. It is suggested that you first note christian names onto the form from the image displayed, then complete in a quiet corner of the clubrooms at your own pace. We recognise that your are also busy with your team / parents, but PLEASE don't forget to return completed forms to us BEFORE leaving the venue that evening.
- I don’t accept unpaid orders, I don’t expect you to either. Payment in full is to be made when the order is placed. Include additional copies for clubrooms, sponsors, etc as required. Team photos make great Christmas presents.
- Team Photos are available to be viewed on-line at www.farrelly.co.nz/photos with the USERNAME and PASSWORD supplied.
- INSETS may be added digitally. A small charge applies to photograph or to merge absent players. Were a photo is supplied for an INSET, this will generally be printed on the side of the mount. The option of merging into the team photo is entirely at FARRELLY PHOTOS discretion.
AT THE PHOTO SESSION
The photo session should be fun for all, but it is important to get the best result possible – please spend a bit of extra time with any players whom you know may have difficulty settling to the task
- Check beforehand that all players (and parents) are aware of the sitting time and venue and they report on time for the appointment. Check that jerseys will be available and clean, ensure that boots are clean and that all team members have all uniform items required.
- Have on hand any balls/bats, trophies or other things you might wish included in the photograph
- Know how many players and officials will be in the photo. Don’t forget to include as appropriate parents who have taken an active role assisting with the team; invite your team sponsor(s) to be part of the photo to mark their contribution to the team’s season
- Minimise distractions as possible during the photography (parents, other spectators, TV’s, etc)
- To ensure your photos look the best, please ask players to remove t.shirts underneath their jerseys, prior to lining up.
Sponsors generally wish to see a return on their investment in the team -
- Acknowledge your Sponsor’s on the team photo
- FARRELLY PHOTOS can include the Sponsor’s Logo on the photo mounts
- Gift a copy of the Team Photo to the Sponsor (check with Farrelly Photos about options and support available in this). This is an easy (and cheap) way to say thank-you and can assist in gaining additional future sponsorship
GRANTS & MONIES
- Be accountable for all team funds received and held
- FARRELLY PHOTOS will supply free Quotations to assist in Grant Applications
- If grant monies are being applied to photos, request a Tax Invoice and retain for completing Grant Conditions
A large range of options are available in products. From the traditional mounted photo, to the MAXI / MINI laminated mounts, and the newer
available either as an add-on or as a stand alone product.
We are also able to custom design a product specifically to meet your requirements. PLEASE ENQUIRE
Completed orders are despatched within ten days of finalising order with payment to us (unless requested to be held for end-of-season results, etc). Your photographs are well packed, and despatched by CourierPost for delivery to your home or work-place. It is preferred that the address given is attended for receipt during the day-times. Parcels may be tracked on-line at www.courierpost.co.nz using their "track your package" facility and the ticket number we can provide.
ALL FARRELLY PHOTOS are copyright. In simplist terms, this means that photos are sold for private use only, but must not be copied in full, in part; or by any means.
Please check with FARRELLY PHOTOS if you are in any doubt, prior to getting copies or submitting photos for reproduction.
|FARRELLY PHOTOS welcome any tips or comments you may care to add to assist other team managers. Send your tip today.|
22 November, 2005
At the 2005 Season Prizegiving for the Junior Managment Committee of the Auckland Rugby League, Mike Farrelly was presented by ARL Director Mrs Evelyn Brooker, the Auckland Maori Rugby League Cup for Service. The Award acknowledged Mike's "relentless Dedication, Support, Enthusiasm and Commitment to the promotion and development of the game of Rugby League".
Mike has been a volunteer Member of the Junior Managment Committee of the Auckland Rugby League for the previous five years, and before that served on the Educational Football sub-Committee for an extended period.
In accepting the Award, at the Prizegiving held at Mangere East Hawks clubrooms, Mike thanked all present for the oportunity to 'get out and play' with the kids, feeling that he gets far more from the Sport, than he is ever able to return.
Since then, Mike's re-election to the Committee was confirmed at the Conference of Clubs held by the Auckland Rugby League, for a further term of two years. Mike hope's to be able to continue with the Committee in the 2006 season in his role as Mini Grades Liaison, and with special responsibility for the Mini Grades Gala Days Series.
6 July, 2005
The Association's aims include promoting a high level of professionalism, business practices and excellence in the industry, giving clients the reassurance that their chosen photographer maintains good standards and systems.
As an voluntary position, Mike sees his role in the Association fitting well with his local business. Farrelly Photos strives to maintain best-practices, with start-of-the-art high quality digital capture, and purposed digital images supplied for Advertising, Editorial or Promotional use of it's valued clients. His election to the Executive of the Association is a reflection of his personal and business standing amongst his peers in the industry.
In accepting election, Mike stated "my goals on the Executive are to not only contribute to the overall well-being of the National Association, but also to support other photographers in their individual business aims, to maintain high standards of service we give to our clients in a period of rapid change for photography as an industry".
18 October, 2004
Blues No Blues For Local Photographer
East Tamaki based professional photography firm and foundation member of GETBA, Farrelly Photos has recently been awarded the contract to photograph the Auckland Rugby Union Representative Teams during this 2004 Season.
Liz Fletcher, Disciplinary Case Flow Manager of the Auckland Rugby Union, says of Farrelly Photos "I must commend Farrelly Photos for their professionalism and expertise. It's been a pleasure working with Mike Farrelly. I thank Mike so much for his excellent service. We have received great feedback from the representative team managers. Farrelly Photos are our third supplier and the best we've had."
Long time suppliers of formal sports team photography to clubs and associations throughout the greater Auckland area, Mike Farrelly, proprietor of Farrelly Photos, is proud to add the Auckland Rugby Union to an ever growing list of National and Provincial Associations who seek-out his services for the quality and service provided when it comes time for the annual team photo. Many sportsmen and women would recognise Mike as supplier also to their club sides, over many sporting codes. Already preferred supplier to the Auckland Rugby League, Auckland Netball Association, Auckland Softball Association, New Zealand Boxing Association and supplier to the Auckland Cricket Association, Rugby League New Zealand, New Zealand Cricket, amongst many; Mike annually photographs in excess of 800 teams from sporting codes as diverse as Outrigging to Marching; as well as groups such as Volunteer Fire-fighters, Kohanga Reo and the Auckland School of Medicine.
With over seventeen years in business, Mike was preceded by his father who was a well-known personality in supplying formal sports team photography over many decades before. Together that equates to over sixty years of continuous supply from one firm with a family dedication to a high-level of service.
Images are strictly protected by copyright - No reproduction in any manner,
in part or in total permitted. Copyright and Moral Rights Reserved - Farrelly
Website design: NetInsites